Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bonnie & Donna : A Mother and Daughter Photoshoot


My friend Donna came to me with a request.  She wanted to give her mom something special for Mother's Day. She wanted to give her something she could cherish forever. A mini mother & daughter photoshoot. I was flattered she wanted me to document and photograph this special day.


It was a late July afternoon when Donna and her mom, Bonnie, came to my office.  This was my first time meeting Bonnie and I was instantly won over by her warmth and genuineness. Everyone's a little nervous before a shoot, so it's my job to keep everything light and relaxed. I knew Donna had been looking forward to this day and I knew how much it meant to her, so I wanted to make sure everything was perfect.


Together, we walked over to a local park in Burbank.  It was an extraordinarily beautiful summer day. I started with Bonnie, taking a few portraits so she could relax and get comfortable with the process. Then we moved into the mother and daughter session.


During the mother and daughter session I could see the genuine bond between these two. Mom at one point,  gently pushed the hair from her daughter's shoulders, just as she probably did years ago. It was touching. We got some incredible shots that day, but most of all, Donna has something personal she can give to her mom, something she can cherish and look at forever.  ~Renee Silverman~

No comments: